Occasionally there will be updates that fail for one reason or another. The symptoms of this may be that you notice updates being installed EVERY time you shut down your computer. If this occurs:
- Go to Windows Update in your Control Panel and try to install the update manually.
- If the update fails, check with HelpDesk or Mr. Hall for assistance.
Note: If the update that fails ends in (KB2731771) this is a "known issue" with the HP3115 and it is OK to "Hide" the update so that it does not get applied. To do this:
- Open Windows Update and "check for Updates"
- Click the link for "1 important update is available"
- Right-click on the one ending with that number and choose "Hide Update"
Unless you have specific information about an issue with Updates, it is NOT advisable to Hide Updates in this way.